Saturday, August 13, 2011




















































Well Hello! You all are probably saying "Why did she start a BLOG?" My intentions are good, but I didn't anticipate a move as quickly as it has come, and it's creeping up! We already have the moving truck reserved, people in Georgia to load and people in Colorado to unload. So much involved with a move! The Incredible Hulk has developed a skin problem on his back (hot spots), so we have been back and forth to the vet. Anyone knowing a home remedy for hot spots, I'm sure open to it. Nothing worse than a bald Bulldog!

The other thing I have been doing is preparing to introduce a new designer from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Edith ChoiniƩre and I have been friends for a very long time. Edith is the one who brought our Remembrance Poppy quilt to the Royal Canadian Legion. At the time, I had no idea what a fabulous artist she was, but I sure know now.
I love to introduce new talent to the marketplace because, to be perfectly frank, when I do go to shows, I walk through and see the same old thing over and over. I often wonder if people don't want something a little different.
Susan and I tried paper piecing once and didn't care for it, but Edith has made me change my mind. She achieves a curved look with paper piecing and her style is very elegant. We just put her workshop online last night in English, and the French version will be on in the next couple of days. Her patterns are online now in English in our Store, under E-Patterns and then Guest Designer Patterns. We will also be introducing her E-Book of her gorgeous Geisha quilt design soon. I am putting a photo of her Multi-Purpose Bag on this post. I have one and I have to tell you that not only is it functional (I've never seen so many pockets in my life), but I constantly have people coming up to me and asking "Where did you get that?" It's fabulous for a plane or traveling by any mode of transportation. The designs speak for themselves. So I hope everyone takes a good look at them. I am so proud of her work.
I don't know how many people are interested in what someone like me goes through to move, but I will try to keep posting. I have to tell you that we will have our entire team back in Colorado, which is FABULOUS! Susan, - of course, and Molly will be with us again. My wonderful photographer, Chris Marona has beaten the diagnosis they first had regarding a very dangerous form of cancer, and he is doing great. I can't wait to see all of them. Robert and I are getting excited. I don't even care if The Incredible Hulk gets "Skunked!"

No comments:

Post a Comment